Owners are invited to visit their horses during each hospital stay. To ensure your horse's safety and optimal care, we request that you respect the following guidelines.
- All visitors are required to check in at the front desk.
- All visitors must be accompanied by a representative of the hospital.
- Visitors will be required to wear appropriate footwear and attire.
- Visitors must be at least 12 years old to enter stalls.
- For evening, weekend and holiday visits, please ring the doorbell located at the entrance of the hospital.
- To ensure your animal’s optimal recovery, the length of your visit may be adjusted based on the discretion of the veterinarian or the technician in attendance.
- Visiting is restricted to owners, as well as any non-owners whose approval by the owner has been communicated to the clinician on the case.
- Visiting times must be coordinated, as each animal is allowed only one visit per day.
- Further restrictions apply to the Isolation Ward which can only accommodate two visitors per patient for a total of 20 minutes per day. Please see the separate Visitor Policy of our Isolation Ward.
- We kindly request that visitors to the hospital remain with their own animal, and do not visit other patients or take pictures of other animals.
- For safety reasons, dogs are not allowed in the hospital or reception areas and are not permitted to be left in vehicles.
- For health reasons, eating or drinking is not permitted in the hospital wards but is allowed in the hospital reception or in the Elms Café located in the Agnes Varis Campus Center.