Update on Hospital Operations:
- Tufts Equine Center continues to provide emergency care and has started to schedule elective cases.
- New appointments are being accepted at this time. Our liaisons are also working to reschedule previously postponed appointments. Referrals requiring immediate care will be managed through our emergency service.
- Non-urgent appointments will be rescheduled. Owners can expect to receive a phone call to reschedule their appointment.
- Clients will not be allowed to enter the Hospital for Large Animals, Equine Sports Medicine Center, or Isolation Facility. Veterinary staff will meet clients in the parking lot.
- You must call ahead (508-839-7926) so we can confirm that your animal needs to be seen by our emergency service and to receive instructions on how to proceed.
- Upon arrival, please call 508-839-7926 and our staff will meet you in the parking lot. Please do not unload until you have spoken with a member of our staff.
- Once patients are unloaded, all clients must wait in their vehicle and may not enter Tufts Equine Center.
- We will call when the exam is complete.
- Please note that if you have a fever or respiratory/flu-like symptoms, we require that you ask someone healthy to bring your animal on your behalf.
For the Latest Information on COVID-19
For the latest information about COVID-19 visit the CDC, American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 online resource centers.